This plugin adds a TinyMCE based WYSIWYG editor to Textpattern.
- Upload the included TinyMCE distribution to somewhere in your document root. The default location is in your /textpattern/ directory.
- Install the plugin included in hak_tinymce.txt and activate it. Installing plugins
- Go to Extensions -> hak_tinyme and run the installation.
- If you placed TinyMCE somewhere other then in /textpattern/ you can set the location now
- The editor will not come on by default on blank articles if “Use Textile” is selected in the Preferences. If you want to use the editor all the time change the default to “Leave text untouched”
- If textile is turned on it will be disabled if you toggle the editor on. Conversely if you turn Textile back on it will turn off the editor.
A hak_tinymce tab is available under extensions with the following options.
- Show editor toggle.
- Determines whether to show the Toggle Editor link. Default is yes. The toggle is automatically hidden if you disable the editor for the article body and the article excerpt below.
- Hide editor toggle when editing articles created with textile or convert linebreaks.
- Determines if the Toggle Editor link should be available when editing articles that where created using textile or convert linebreaks. Default is yes.
- Hide “Use textile” Dropdowns
- Determines if the “Use Textile” Dropdowns should be hidden. Default is yes.
- Path to tiny_mce script
- The path to the TinyMCE script to use. Should be either relative to /textpattern/ or to your document root.
- Enable for article body:
- Determines if the editor can be activated for the Article Body.
- Initialization for article body editor:
- The initialization block to use for the article body editor. Configuration documentation can be found on the tinyMCE site.
- Enable for article excerpt:
- Determines if the editor can be activated for the Article excerpt.
- Initialization for article excerpt editor:
- The initialization block to use for the article excerpt editor. Configuration documentation can be found on the tinyMCE site.
- Callback functions
- Allows you to add functions that can be used by TinyMCE callbacks.
- Use the Gzip Compressor
- Determines if the Gzip Compressor should be used.
- Initialization for Gzip compressor
- The Initialization block for the Gzip compressor. Documentation can be found on the tinyMCE Site
You also have the option to uninstall the preferences table that is created during installation. The TinyMCE installation needs to be removed manually.
Default initialization string
This new version uses a mostly stock initialization string with a few exceptions.
- convert_fonts_to_spans is set to true because we all should try to use font tags. This can be overridden in the init blocks.
- The TXPImage plugin replaces the standard image insert dialog. This can be overridden in the init blocks.
- document_base_url is automatically set to the value of Site URL. This can be overridden, but should not be necessary.
- mode is set to none so that the toggles work. This cannot be overridden or else the toggles will not work properly
Inserting images with TXPImage
TXPImage is a custom image browsing plugin that integrates into the TXP backend. It allows you to browse your image categories and insert either the thumbnail or full size images for each image. It is hopefully easy to use.
This icon is used to insert the thumbnail for the image.
This icon is used to insert the full size image.
- This update requires version 4.2.0. or higher.
A lot of the admin code was made possible by examining Mary’s plugins.
TinyMCE is created and maintained by Moxiecode and released under the LGPL.
*ver 1.0 02-01-2011
- fixed issues with cross domain access
- handle different admin domains
ver 0.9.9 12-01-09
- fix non-saving bug when markup selects were hidden
ver 0.9.6 12-01-09
- fix non-saving bug when markup selects were hidden
ver 0.9.5 11-09
- TinymCE 3.x branch update
- 4.2.0 compatibility
- Switch to using pluggable_ui
ver 0.7.1 – release 2-24-07
- Fixes some open quotes.
ver 0.7 – release 2-19-07
- Implements the GZIP compressor which is included in the bundled TinyMCE install.
- TinyMCE updated to 2.1.0.
- General clean ups.
ver 0.6.5 – release 2-17-07
- Fixes an issue with txpimage when url_fopen() was not allowed.
- advimage is no longer necessary for the language file to work for txpimage.
ver 0.6.4 – release 1-28-07
- Fixes a regression that happened between 0.6.2 and 0.6.3.
- Fixes a missing Table prefix when uninstalling.
- Thanks to Frederik for spotting both of these
ver 0.6.3 – release 11-3-06
- Fixes an issue when saving callback functions
- updates look to more closely match 4.0.4
ver 0.6.2 – release 8-3-06
- fixes an issue with installations that don’t define doc_root in config.php
ver 0.6.1 – release 7-11-06
- Fixes a permissions issue.
- changed default url re-writing setup to absolute. Instructions here for 0.6 adopters
ver 0.6 – release 7-10-06
- Updated to TinyMCE 18.104.22.168
- New options to set Init strings for Article and Excerpt in admin panel
- New image browser
- Option to create callback functions in Admin panel
- Option to hide “Use Textile” dropdowns
- Option to enable/ the editor for Article body or Excerpt
- Move to new preferences table
- TinyMCE code can now be anywhere in the document root
ver 0.5.4 – release 2-09-06
- Fixed an issue when excerpts where turned off
ver 0.5.3 – release 2-06-06
- Updated to version 2.0.2 of TinyMCE
- Made editor work on excerpts
- Created Admin panel
ver 0.5.2 – release 12-01-05
- Updated to version 2.0 Final of TinyMCE
ver 0.5.1 – release 11-30-05
- Initial Release